Thursday, April 2, 2015

A Journey Toward Peace

"We simply want to live, to live freely and in dignity!"

How many times have I repeated this sentence? Countless times! I do so whenever violence erupts in my country and elsewhere.

While peace is a widely used theme by some people to celebrate joy and freedom, it is considered by others as a dream or a mirage. Peace for them is an unreachable and impossible dream.

When I decided to concentrate on the topic of peace, it was natural for me to choose Leo Tolstoy's quotes as he lavishly covered this topic in his writing. And, when thinking about love and freedom, Henri Matisse ranks as my first choice as an artist. So it seems appropriate to combine a series of quotes by Tolstoy with some of Matisse’s artworks.

Please ponder and enjoy them.


Freedom of Thought


“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy


“All we can know is that we know nothing. And that's the height of human wisdom.”― Leo Tolstoy


Life goes on

“There will be today, there will be tomorrow, there will be always, and there was yesterday, and there was the day before...” ― Leo Tolstoy

Respect of Diversity


“All the diversity, all the charm, and all the beauty of life are made up of light and shade.”― Leo Tolstoy


“I think… if it is true that there are as many minds as there are heads, then there are as many kinds of love as there are hearts.” — Leo Tolstoy


Love, Live and Let Live


“If we admit that human life can be ruled by reason, then all possibility of life is destroyed.” ― Leo Tolstoy


All, everything that I understand, I understand only because I love.―Leo Tolstoy


 “I simply want to live; to cause no evil to anyone but myself.” ― Leo Tolstoy



All  depicted artworks are by Henri Matisse

No comments:

Post a Comment